Skip navigation

Alcohol Licensing

Instructions for a local alcoholic beverage license

  • Application should be filed with the City Auditor's Office along with a $250 investigation fee.
  • If application is for a transfer of license from a current licensee to a new applicant, a letter should be submitted by existing licensee stating they wish to transfer to new applicant.
  • The City Auditor's office will publish Notice of Hearing in The Forum at earliest possible date with hearing to be held at least 10 days after publication.
  • If license is approved, applicant must pay initial, annual and transfer fee before any license can be issued. Please contact the City Auditor's Office the day after the approval to make arrangements.
  • Contact at the Health Department to transfer restaurant/catering and bar/tavern licenses.
  • It is necessary for you to have a state alcohol beverage license.


ApplicationYou will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to read the files below.

Ordinances for alcoholic beverages 

Liquor License Application 

Credit check authorization form 

Class E - Special serving permit 

Email notifications

Find out when the Liquor Control Board meets and when liquor licenses become available via email. Contact to join the email group.